GenoPro Beta Patch notes
Version 2.b20e (released 05-Dec-2006, download
- Beta 20e: Fixed Color Picker to include the automatic color after
choosing a custom color.
- Fixed HTTP protocol caching to
prevent rare errors of
"session lost" while publishing large trees on the web.
- New dialogs to automatically detect .gno files of wrong data format with a
mechanism to locate and download the correct upgrade.
- New menu item to export to Gedcom via the report generator.
- Beta 20d: Removed automatic creation of file named ".backup.gno" when
saving. The save mechanism has been revised with a fail-safe feature in case of
an error or power failure while saving.
- Fixed rare text corruption problem when importing inline objects from Gedcom
file. This bug has been lurking for several months and never been reported.
- Fixed report template to
link pictures stored in a folder other than the report.
- New properties to the date object to support approximate dates (about, before,
- Renamed some tags. Visit
to see the complete list of changes.
- Beta 20c: Fixed printing problem under Windows 98 where the page
headers and footers would not print.
- Improved the color picker to display all colors used in the document. This is
useful to pick a previously-used color.
- Fixed interface for OLE Automation to import XML content without an XML
- Fixed crashing bug in the OLE Automation when updating a remote document.
- Minor cosmetic improvements and correction of typos.
- No changes to the report generator. Beta 20d will have some improvements and
hopefully be the last Beta ever.
- Beta 20b: New family relationships: Committed Relationship and Love
- Option to allow a
Fast Save (recommended when saving documents containing more than 50,000
- Automatic deletion of unused objects such as contacts, occupations,
educations, unions, contacts, pictures and sources.
- Fixed bug in report generator where linked HTTP pictures were not included
properly in the report.
- Minor user interface improvements and internal code maintenance.
- Beta 20: Revision of all XML tags. Visit
to see the complete list of changes.
- Added a customizable background color to draw the text label for individuals
- Improved the Print Preview to display a more accurate "preview" when printing
Version 2.b19g (released 13-Nov-2006, download
- Beta 19g: Fixed printing alignment problem when printing on multiple
horizontal and/or vertical pages.
- Set Landscape as the default printing page layout.
- Fixed crashing bug in context menu when right-clicking outside a valid
- Fixed crashing bug when converting Gedcom to HTML.
- Added warning dialog about possible data loss when importing data with an old
version of GenoPro.
- Added HTML ancestor pedigree tree to the English Narrative report.
- Misc improvements to the graphical interface, from zoom adjustment, to
friendly context menus to improved drawing.
- Beta 19f: New Page Setup dialog to configure print settings for each
GenoMap (print landscape, zoom/scale factor, number of horizontal and vertical
pages, print margins and alignment).
- Fixed bug when sending a file to another user from an unsaved document; some
objects could be missing their auto-assigned permanent IDs.
- Improved picture cache management to better handle low memory conditions by
flushing out unused data.
- Improvements to the English Narrative Report by moving phrases to
language dictionary for easier localization (translation).
- Beta 19e: Fixed crashing bug when generating a report for a single
GenoMap (sub-tree) when a bookmark target is an individual with internal
hyperlinks outside the selected GenoMap.
- Fixed bug where the family tree could be saved upside down after aborting the
report generator while generating SVG content.
- Improved performance for deleting many orphan/stray objects. GenoPro could
take more than a minute to delete thousand of those objects on a large tree
(10,000+ individuals); now it takes only a few milliseconds.
- Beta 19d: New legend symbols for the family relationships.
- Improved the Move to GenoMap function to follow hyperlinks and merge them if
- New option to display no attribute above the individuals (squares and circles)
- More descriptive tooltips for special symbols (no more children, possibly more
- Option to remember password when performing online backup or sending a file to
- Beta 19c: Option to set default display values for the social
- Fixed bug where social relationship arrow would re-appear after importing from
- Improvement to report generator for SVG generation.
- Improved the Table Layout to remember horizontal scroll position if the select
cell is outside the display range.
- Beta 19b: Improved dialogs for education, occupation, sources and
- Improved the Table Layout to re-arrange the columns as well as reset the
- Improved report generator template to display HTML frames when a page is found
from a search engine.
- New button in the Table Layout to delete a user-defined custom tag.
- Scroll the GenoMaps using the mouse wheel.
- Fixed crashing bug in the Source dialog.
- Beta 19: New file format using Zipped-compressed XML content. With the
new format, you can rename the .gno extension to .zip and open the file using
any popular archive program.
- Fixed error message about duplicate source names.
- Removed password protection. Password-encrypted family trees will be done
- New skin in the report generator to export the family tree into an SQL
- Improved report generator to quickly abort a report when the user click on the
- Various minor improvements, from the graphical user interface to the report
Version 2.b18g (released 02-Oct-2006, download
- Beta 18g: Urgent fix to prevent to prevent
'out of memory' message when generating a report with recursive (invalid)
parent source or place.
- Fixed bug where an error message would be displayed twice for a
duplicate name in a source or a place.
- Added a keyboard accelerator Q to
select the last added child.
- Beta 18f: Improved the dialogs for
sending a genealogy document
and creating online backup,
including the option to re-send password and create accounts.
- Improved the Generate Report to apply the privacy filter by removing living
individuals only for the first time publishing online.
- Improved error
messages when uploading HTML and pictures to server via the HTTP protocol.
- Improvements to the report templates to create a picture album for individual,
families, places and sources.
- Improved the interface for selecting a place or source with duplicate names.
Also, added a mechanism to
prevent further duplicate names.
- Fixed picture's context menu from Table Layout where text was missing.
- Fixed problem where a Gedcom keyword would appear in the user-defined tag.
- Increase the dimension of the Export to Text dialog to 800x600 and added more
- Beta 18e: Built-in dialog for
sending a genealogy document (or genogram) to someone else such as an
academic instructor, relative or friend.
- Built-in dialog to
create online backup of your genealogy documents / genograms.
- Improved the Gedcom import to synthesize names for inline objects.
- Remember the sorting of objects in pictures, sources, contacts, occupations
and education records.
- Fixed the privacy filter from deleting the bookmarks when deleting orphan
- Fixed Table Layout where some columns would not appear for the twins objects.
- Beta 18d: New parser to import Gedcom and XML documents. This parser
allows better Gedcom import and new options necessary for Beta 19.
- Major improvements to the Gedcom import module, now capable to import inline
objects such as sources, citations, places and sub-places.
- Improved report generator to generate plain text files. Also improved the
HTML reports of the report generator.
- Fixed bug where the automatic detection for the text direction would give
wrong result with names containing punctuation. The text direction is useful to
generate Arabic and Hebrew reports.
- By popular demand,
re-included date of birth to Birth dialog, and date of death + age of death to
the Death dialog.
- Added new values such for social relationships, officiator, occupancy and work
- Fixed bug where explicit age of death was not displayed in family tree.
- Fixed bug where the Auto-Deceased function would not always refresh the
- Removed the age approximation (~ < >) when displaying individual's age in the
- Removed mouse wheel
scrolling to combo unless its drop-down list is visible.
- Fixed bug where an
hyperlinked child could appear twice in the Family Wizard.
- Fixed bug where a
custom dialog having a long name would cause window clipping.
- Fixed crashing bug after pasting a family with missing children, yet having a
user-defined list of children age.
- Beta 18c: Improvements to the picture slideshow of the report
- Added new enumerations such as Religious/Civil marriage and source
- Fixed crashing bug when generating a report.
- Beta 18b: Improvements on the report generator, including
contact/occupancy information and support for
- Fixed problem of
missing files when unpacking a report skin to disk.
- Fixed crashing bug when generating a report from an account without enough
security privileges to write to the registry.
- Fixed bug where the Enter key was closing the dialog in a multi-line comment.
- Beta 18: New dialogs for all properties. The windows have been
stretched by 30% to fit the 800x600 resolution, meaning more room to enter your
- Improved the Contact dialog to include the address and occupancy information.
- Added the Contact dialog to the Social Entity.
- New General dialog for individual property. With this dialog, you can enter
names, dates of birth & death, age, gender, occupation and contact information.
- Added blood type and religious ceremony fields to the Birth dialog.
- Report generator improvements, including better HTML output with custom tags,
SVG family tree with hyperlink ring, and a few improvement to the core engine.
- Fixed dialog custom tags to display scroll bar when there are more than 14
custom tag in the same dialog.
- Removed inheritance of the place category, place narrative prefix,
pictures for places and sources, as well as sources for picture.
Version 2.b17i (released 08-Aug-2006, download
- Beta 17i: Fixed the read-only protection which was removed after saving
- New icons to HTML templates for generated reports.
- Cosmetic improvements, including new context menu icons for emotional and
- Fixed bug in Bookmarks #0 when navigating from the Table Layout.
- Fixed bug asking to create adoptive parents when child already has adoptive
- Beta 17h: Fixed bug where a
GenoMap could be missing in the report.
- Fixed bug in core report engine to allow the creation of reports containing
- Improved error message in the case of a problem when unpacking a skin to local
- Beta 17g: Removed inheritance to Place Categories allowing an
inherited place without an assigned category.
- Removed Language Filter in report generator to simplify the Generate
- Web Publishing dialog automatically suggests the most popular surname as the
- Improved the algorithm to create valid URLs from names containing illegal
- Improved the
Phrase Generator to give better meaningful error messages when supplied with
an invalid phrase.
- Improved interface for adding multiple children to an existing family (better
shortcut keys and line stretching).
- New context menu to display the family relationships (marriage, divorce,
- Added new source types such as Hardcopy, Individuals and
- Fixed enumeration ConfidenceLevel in sources to be XML compatible.
- Read-only protection is now saved in the .gno file, allowing safer file
- Beta 17f: Fixed memory leak in the Find dialog.
- Improved the Table Layout to distinguish Find from Find & Replace.
- Improved the Find dialog to remember only the last 20 search terms.
- Added button to automatically login to
Control Panel from Web Publishing dialog.
- Revised Tip of the Day dialog.
- Beta 17e: Included Alphabetical Surname Index to HTML report.
- Fixed sorting problem with places having zero occurrences.
- Removed HTML files from older version, thus saving 700 KB per download.
- Fixed dialog to select a parent source or place with the keyboard.
- Beta 17d: Fixed bug with custom tags in occupation record.
- Fixed crashing bug when converting Gedcom to HTML.
- Fixed error "access denied" when viewing a family report online, such as
- Fixed broken hyperlinks in sources & citations report.
- Beta 17c: New report templates to leverage the hierarchical places and
- Added field Reference Number to source dialog.
- Added buttons Browse and Open URL to source.
- Context menu to navigate to the source URL wherever there is a source, such as
Table Layout, Sources dialog.
- Context menu to pick/edit/create a place or source.
- Context menu to add a new source or assign an existing source from the Table
Layout and the main display.
- New shortcut menu to create a child without gender.
- Beta 17b: Properties for occupation and education records. You may now
add pictures and sources to occupations, education records.
- Improved the dialogs for hierarchical sources and places.
- Added fields ISBN and Editor to source dialog.
- Fixed Undo menu to
display Unicode text.
- Beta 17: New dialog for sources & citations.
- Hierarchical places (a place within a place).
- Dialog Check for Update to determine if there is a new version of
GenoPro available for download.
- Added two new emotional relationships: Manipulative and Controlling.
- Improvement to the report generator with better templates and minor fixes.
- Added sample
genogram of Harry-Potter to GenoPro (Menu -> Help -> Sample Files).
- Fixed performance
bug when pasting data from Excel to Table Layout.
Version 2.b16f (release date: 20-Jun-2006, download
Version 2.b15h (release date: 27-Feb-2006, download
- Beta 15h: The report skins are now packaged in GenoPro.exe, so there is
no danger to have your custom skins overwritten by an upgrade.
- Fixed two crashing bugs that have been lurking for years.
- Beta 15g: New legend for emotional relationships, including discord,
hate, harmony, love, in love, fan / admirer and limerence.
- Improved the dialog for generating reports, minor fix in the SVG template, new
tag for localization of reports.
- Beta 15f: Very minor improvements to SVG reports and publishing online
- Beta 15e: New feature to publish your genealogy online to
- Beta 15d: Improved the privacy filter to optionally keep the names and
date of births.
- Added a source field
to the picture object, as well as a list of pictures to the source object.
- Fixed crashing bug
while browsing pictures.
- Fixed the AutoArrange
to use the explicit child rank (if provided).
Beta 15c: Removed privacy filters. Replaced with simpler interface. See
Problems using the Privacy Filter for details.
- Replaced the field child number by family rank. The family rank
is computed from the date of birth or from a list defined by the user.
- Added the option to change the spouse order if the marriage date is unknown.
- Added a new field, DataLevel, to determine how much data is available in each
object. The DataLevel may be useful to generate report, by excluding
individuals and families with little useful data.
- Beta 15b: Cosmetic improvements (menus with icons & new toolbar icons).
- Legend Symbols for genograms, family relationships and emotional
- Improvement to the SVG generator /w built-in gzip data compression.
- Built-in mechanism to flip the y-coordinates of all objects. This is useful
for generating SVG.
- The registration dialog is now proxy-aware.
- Function to mark selected individual(s) as deceased.
- Beta 15: Improvement to the report generator including the SVG report
- New skin to write the GenoMaps on disk in the metafile (.emf) format.
- New social entities such as a school, church, club, committee, council,
advisory group, organization, partnership, business or corporation.
- New social relationships such as neighbor, babysitter, member of, manager of,
employee of, director, competitor, customer, investor and more.
- Improved the Marriage & Divorce dialog to allow more than one religious and
civil marriage per family.
- New fields for the family line such as no more children,
possibly more children and to be completed.
- New fields for the officiator (priest, rabbi, reverend, ...) of a baptism and
- New field for the occupation termination (still working, end of contract, quit
job, fired, retirement).
- Minor improvement for the page layout to display the printing area on the
screen with the pages.
- Fixed the sorting of families when the marriage date is unknown, adding new
relationships such as engagement and separation, engagement and decease,
cohabitation and separation and more.
- Privacy filter to optionally remove all emotional relationships.
- Modified the dialogs to create a 'copy on write' for shared records (pictures,
- This beta has many more changes... over 180 source files have been modified
since Beta 14b.
- New button in registration dialog for the academic
evaluation key allowing students to use GenoPro at home at no cost for a
Version 2.b14b (release date: 13-Sep-2005, download
- Beta 14b: Emergency update to fix crashing bug in the AutoArrange when
there are internal hyperlinks.
- Fixed a crashing bug when generating a report with the privacy filter enabled.
- Fixed problem where a non-existent password was asked to open a .gno file.
- Merged Ron's code to the HTML templates.
- No major feature has been added to Beta 14b. All features under development
has been temporary disabled to release this beta ASAP.
- Beta 14a:This beta has many improvements, mostly on the report
generator. One of the biggest improvement is the support for narrative phrases
built-in from the language dictionary. The entire English Narrative Report
has been re-written.
- This beta has a
privacy filter to remove unwanted information from the report. The
privacy filter can erase a name, date of birth, contact information, a picture
or an entire individual or family. The privacy filter is an important tool to
protect your data.
- Password protection. You can set a password for your document.
- Many improvements such as better picture caching, more robust Gedcom import, a
new list of industry sector and more.
- This beta has a registration dialog and require a key. You can get a free
30-day evaluation key by supplying a valid email address.
Version 2.b13h (release date: 20-Jun-2005, download
- Beta 13h: Fixed bug in where several
GenoMaps could disappear while Generating a report for a specific GenoMap.
If you are generating reports for a particular GenoMap, you must use Beta 13h,
otherwise you may get crashes.
- Beta 13g: Fixed bug in ToStringNarrative, improved the FTP Settings dialog, and updated HTML
- Beta 13f: Significant improvements to the report generator, such as FTP
Publishing, Resume/Update an aborted report and more. On the technical side,
the "IncludeFile" directive offer tremendous benefits to share code between
modules. Also, many methods have been added to the
to enhance the narration.
- Beta 13e: Report generator is capable to generate report for a single
- Added the dialog to view & delete orphan objects in the Delete menu. An
orphan object is any data object (picture, contact, occupation) not used
anywhere in the genealogy tree.
- Beta 13d: Fixed crashing bug when pasting a complex web of individual
having internal hyperlinks.
- Fixed sorting bug in the report generator.
- Beta 13c: Integrated the .gno file to the report.
- Fixed bug about report generator updating picture paths in the output
- Version 13b: Fixed 'type mismatch' error when generating reports under
some condition. I thought generating a report on 750 individuals was enough,
but someone tried to generate a report on 55,000 individuals causing the
* Improved debugging for the report generator by displaying more detail errors.
* Fixed bug displaying an error message about the date of death prior the date
- Version 13a: This long overdue Beta is finally available. The big
feature for this Beta is the
new report generator capable to fully support VBScript and JScript. GenoPro
is now capable to generate HTML pages as Microsoft's Internet Information Server
- Everyone should upgrade to Beta13 because there has been many improvements,
from printing, to navigating between the GenoMaps, to importing large Gedcom
files, to mouse scrolling.
- If you are upgrading to Beta 13 to generate reports, please be aware the
sample report is a draft. The report includes pictures, but there is no picture
album and there are no fancy graphics. I am not an HTML guru plus I have poor
imagination for web page design, so need some help to generate fancy reports. I
spent my time writing and testing the code underneath the report generator to
make sure it bug-free and easy to use. Given the time constraints, I still have
many features I want to add to this report generator, such as more powerful
sorting options, binary file I/O, a "string builder", and more. I plan to post
updates on a weekly basis. If you want to be among the first to create new
reports, please contact me about the type of report you want to create and I
will do my best to give you hints. I am fully aware I may have to write extra
code to make it easy for you to generate reports, so don't hesitate to contact
me. I can create special builds for you, so we can cooperate creating different
strategies to produce the report you want. It is possible I create several
private versions of GenoPro for you in a single day.
- I will complete the documentation at
in a few days. Well, it has been a long day, as I have been working since 6:00
am (it is midnight). My recommendation is to look HTML code inside the sample
report templates. You will find live code to use the DataSorter, the
StringDictionary, the ObjectRepertory and a lot more.
Version 2.b12g (release date: 28-Nov-2004, download
- Version 12g: Three important bug fixes occurring under rare conditions
. All three bugs would cause GenoPro to crash. The first bug is when switching
to a different GenoMap, the second bug is when
scrolling horizontally, and the last bug is when sorting large list of
pictures by size, dimension, or DPI under a multi-processor machine. You need a
minimum of 1000 unique missing pictures to reproduce the last
bug. The two first bugs are unrelated, yet have been there since the
introduction of the GenoMaps. The last bug has been lurking since October 2002.
* Added keyboard shortcuts (Tab & Shift+Tab) to quickly navigate to the
previously selected GenoMap.
* Fixed jerky move when creating an hyperlink to a different GenoMap.
* The status of the modified document (the * star) is synchronized with the
* Misc fixes such as detecting & importing Gedcom files having illegal sequence
of characters, improved rename/move pictures to different, remember the divider
position of the GenoMaps, etc.
- Version 12f: Improved the partial AutoArrange. This is not
the new AutoArrange of version 2.x, but it is better than nothing.
* Added command "Move Family to This GenoMap" to context menu "Move to
GenoMap". This command is very useful after importing a Gedcom file with the
option "Skip AutoArrange". You can re-construct your entire family tree using
this command. You can also use this command in other situations as well.
* Find Dialog is capable to search within a
* Added more options to display medical pedigree symbols such as unknown gender
and adopted children.
* Added option to display the auto drop down list above the input field while
typing. This option is useful so the auto drop down list does not interfere
while entering Chinese or Japanese text. Windows has its own drop down to edit
text, so the GenoPro auto list can be displayed above.
- Version 12e: New setup command line
parameters for unattended installation from a script.
* AutoArrange Selection. This is not the new AutoArrange for version 2.1, but a
byproduct of the "Skip AutoArrange" option when importing a Gedcom file.
* Create a custom tag to import erroneous data from Gedcom.
* Option to display symbols for medical pedigrees rather than genograms. This
option is in the View menu.
* Option to display text vertically, from top-to-bottom. This option can be
handy for displaying Japanese text.
* Special code to detect text input drop down window. This code is under
testing. If you see a "drop-down" appearing above the field rather than below,
please contact me.
* The caption (title) displays the currently selected GenoMap. When the
document is modified, a star (*) is displayed too.
- Version 12d: New cool feature "Instant Statistics". Every field
displays statistics about the frequency (number of instances) of each value.
Better, you can copy & paste this list to a spreadsheet program. If you don't
understand what this feature is, just start typing a first name and look at the
drop-down list. You will find numbers in the right column of the drop down
* Fixed crashing Gedcom bug when importing invalid XREFed NOTEs.
- Version 12c: Gedcom improvements, such as exporting the PLACe value,
yet keeping an internal reference for lossless import.
* Option to skip the AutoArrange, to allow importation of large Gedcom files.
* Added tool to move/rename pictures from one folder to another.
* Added Find & Replace in the Table Layout.
* Added a command to clear an entire column. This can be handy when moving data
from one column to another.
* Fixed display problem while moving twins and/or emotional relationships to
* Fixed display problem when DoB and DoD would appear on two lines.
- Version 12b: This update includes more options to the text label, such
as horizontal alignment, vertical alignment, text padding, border pattern and
* The Table Layout includes the labels and shapes.
* Includes a fix for two crashing bugs, one in the Label and another in the
Family Wizard. The bug in the Family Wizard has been lurking since the first
beta; thanks to Vladimir from Hungary who reported a scenario to reproduce the
* Minor modifications in the Gedcom import to be more flexible on date formats.
- The primary objective of Beta 12a was the Gedcom import/export. This
beta can import nearly any Gedcom file without loss of data. If a Gedcom tag is
not known to GenoPro, then GenoPro will create a user-defined tag to keep its
value. Use the Table Layout to view the values of custom tags.
- If you are not using Gedcom on a day-to-day basis, you will still benefit from
Beta 12. The beta has many improvements, such as text labels, lines with
patterns, arrows and polygons. You can add fancy drawing to your genealogy
- This beta has several bug fixes, including print & print preview, copy & paste
of a metafile, and exporting a metafile.
Version 2.b11h (release date: 06-Jul-2004, download
- Version 11h: Added the Emotional Relationships toolbar, improved the
tooltip for internal hyperlinks, improved external hyperlink resolution for
incomplete target IDs, fixed problem of hyperlink color when pasting, preserve
automatic colors when pasting, fixed rare crash in Table Layout when pasting
unusual combination of internal hyperlinks.
- Version 11g: Export any GenoMap to a metafile, fixed crashing bug under
Windows 95 when the Plus! pack is not installed, fixed bug where an
individual with internal hyperlinks could be displayed as a sibling of self.
- Version 11f: Added the emotional relationships to the Table Layout,
custom coloring for hyperlinks, custom coloring for fraternal twins, better
statistics for GenoMaps, improved OLE Automation,
and several more small improvements.
- Version 11e: Automatic hyperlinks when moving objects from one GenoMap
to another GenoMap. If you are working on an existing genealogy tree and plan
to use the GenoMaps, this upgrade will be a bless.
- Version 11d: Completed the twins properties and added statistics for
- Version 11c: Added a warning message against data loss during a Cut &
Paste operation. If you are not familiar how to move data between GenoMaps,
this beta will indicate step-by-step what to do.
- Version 11b: fixed crashing bug in the AutoArrange. The AutoArrange
does not like the architecture of the new internal hyperlinks.
- Beta 11a includes the biggest changes in GenoPro's history: the
internal hyperlinks. With the internal hyperlinks, it is possible display the
same individual multiple times on the same GenoMap and/or a different GenoMap.
The internal hyperlink is analogous to an hyperlink when surfing the web.
Without the use of hyperlinks, surfing the web would not be the same.
- Add and Delete GenoMaps. Up to 1000 GenoMaps are available per document.
- Emotional relationships. You may define how two individuals are emotionally
linked (friendship, hostility, fused, distant, cutoff, etc). Use the
right-click of the mouse and select among 23 different emotional links.
- Twins/triplets etc. If you have a family with twins/triplets or any other
combination, this beta can do it.
- Customize the color of the family relationship and pedigree links.
Version 2.b10k (release date: 11-Mar-2004, download
- Version 10k: fixed crashing bug when using context menu while editing
godfather or godmother.
- Version 10j:
* Fixed bug: after visualizing
a genealogy tree in a web browser, GenoPro would remain in memory.
* Detect a .gno file if the extension has been renamed to something else
* Fixed bug where a deleted picture would re-appear in the Picture Properties.
* Validation of the Permanent ID.
- Version 10i: This version has many improvements and minor bug fixes.
If you are using the beta to build your genealogy tree, you should use 2.b10i
or 2.b10j. The benefits of 2.b10i is really worth the upgrade. The reason
this beta is not called 2.b11 is because some of the features scheduled for
2.b11 are still under development. Here is a summary of new stuff in 2.b10i:
* It is now possible to "Link as Child"
and "Link as Parent" directly to
another individual. You will also notice the 'hot tracking' feature which will
help to locate target objects.
* Smarter AutoStretch when moving children and parents.
* GenoPro now draws five distinct line thickness for each object size: tiny,
small, medium, large and extra large.
* Fix the bug where the GenoMaps would not appear when
visualizing a genealogy tree in a browser.
* There are many small improvements that most user will never notice until they
return to an older beta and find out the double-click or the right-click doesn't
- Version 10h: This version was released for a corporate customer. All
the stuff in 10h is included in 10i.
- Version 10g: urgent bug fix. The bug was assigning the gender
Male when importing an individual with unspecified gender.
- Versions 10a, 10b, 10c, 10d, 10e, 10f has been released for testing specific
features such as
OLE Automation. All the features from 10a to 10f are found in 10g.
- GenoMaps. The GenoMaps allows multiple genealogy trees in the same document.
This feature is not fully complete, as there will be hyperlinks to link same
individuals found in different GenoMaps. Adding the GenoMaps required a
significant amount of work. To support the GenoMaps, the file format has been
changed, the import/export module has been upgraded, the AutoArrange had to be
modified, the painting routines to draw the genealogy tree on the screen and to
the printer have been modified, the mouse routines to select and move objects
have been changed, the copy & paste, the Undo/Redo manager to synchronize with
the GenoMaps have also been modified. Several more routines were added to
support the GenoMaps.
- Dotted lines and dashed lines. Now the family relation symbols are displayed
using dotted lines. New symbols have been added (marriage nullity, more
cohabitation types). There is some work to be done here to allow the user to
choose a color for each relation symbol and/or select a solid line.
- Foster child. You can now have biological, adopted and foster children.
- There are many other little things, but I forgot. One improvement is with the
toolbar buttons to add children and mates have been made friendlier when the
selection is not perfect. You will find using Beta 10 a lot easier than
Version 2.b9 (release date: 19-Dec-2003,
- Global properties of the family tree (font, default color, default name
- Edit the display attributes of multiple selected individuals.
- Completed the "Display" menu. With a single mouse click, you can change the
content of your family tree to display any attribute such as the occupation,
telephone, email, ID.
- Added statistics dialog and hyperlink dialog.
- Support for OLE Automation. OLE Automation allows a script such as VBScript
demo of OLE Automation is available
Version 2.b8 (release date: 13-Nov-2003,
- Added user-defined tags for Individuals, Families, Pedigree Links, Pictures
- Added the Tag Editor dialog to edit the custom tags.
Version 2.b7 (release date: 20-Oct-2003,
- Added the Display dialog to customize the colors of each individual in the
family tree. The Display dialog can also display other symbols such as a
pregnancy, miscarriage, abortion and stillbirth.
- Added medical symbols (carrier, affected, affected by hearsay, possibly
affected) to the Display dialog.
- Support for 70 keyboard layouts. The Table Layout was not recording the first
character typed on a non-Latin keyboard layout.
Version 2.b6 (release date: 25-Sep-2003,
- Added dialog for the Contact information.
- Completed the Find/Search dialog for Unicode. Each tag has been assigned a
category (name, comment, date, etc), so you can search for a specific type of
data. The message log displays a summary of the search result.
Version 2.b5 (release date: 08-Sep-2003,
- Added dialogs for the Occupations and Education entries.
- Modified the internal architecture to handle Pictures, Occupation and
Education with the same code. This improvement reduces the risk of a bug, and
will speed the development for the dialogs for the contact and addresses.
Version 2.b4 (release date: 25-Aug-2003,
- Fixed urgent bug: the AutoArrange would crash if a Godfather or Godmother was
- Added the "Dependents" dialog for places and sources / citations.
Version 2.b3 (release date: 24-Aug-2003,
- This is the third beta. This beta is a fully usable version. You can enter
detailed information for each individual and family with source references.
- Added Sources and Citations. You can assign a source documentation
for the birth, baptism, adoption, death, funerals, burial, marriage, separation,
- Added dialog for marriage (religious & civil) and divorce.
- A change in the .gno file format has been done. Keep your .xml file,
otherwise download the beta2 and save your file again. The beta3 will
automatically convert from any previous version (1.91b, 1.91b+, 2.b2).
Version 2.b2 (release date: 15-Aug-2003,
- This is the second beta. This beta contains a multitude of bug fixes found in
the first beta, such as buttons not working or some fields not recording
- Improved the dialogs "Delete Pictures" and "Delete Places" to display the
properties of the object on a double-click.
- Improved the dialog "Confirm Delete" to display detailed information about
dependents. Also, double-clicking on a dependent does bring the properties of
- Added the Places to the Table Layout.
- In the Table Layout, hold down the Shift key to get the properties of the
hyperlink rather than navigating to the hyperlink.
- Fixed the Family Wizard to use the AutoSuggest drop down feature.
Version 1.91b+ (release date: 13-Aug-2003)
- This is the first beta ever, which includes all the changes from version 1.91b
to 1.91b+. The version name should have been 2.0 instead of 1.91b+, but this
beta is not ready to bear the number 2.0.